Since I have nothing but “free time” I decided to build my own keyboard.
This is all going to seem a bit ridiculous. The point of this exercise isn’t to build some brackets I could have bought. It’s to learn some skills I can use to build something I am going to need someday that I can’t buy. Below are the brackets in question. They are 100 dollars on Etsy.
A while back a made a live edge bar top, or is it a counter top? I really don’t know what this thing is. It’s pictured below, when my mother saw it, she decided she wanted a matching coffee table.
It’s kind of thing these days to use reclaimed barn wood in remodeling. It’s used a lot in flooring, I decided to use it as a feature wall. Sorry, I don’t have some great story about how Maddog and I tore down some old barn with our bare hands and then milled the wood. I ordered it. I am sure it came from a barn like the one below.
I wonder how many posts before the kitchen is 100% done.
I am not going out of my way to take great pictures. I’ll save that for when it’s done. I mentioned in a previous post, I picked up a few pieces of wood. One of them has a live edge and was odd shaped and the guy was going to throw it out, and took it because I liked it. It didn’t take long for me to realize it was my new bar.
Time to get caught up on all the crap I am making. I am just putting it all in one post.
I’ve been working out in the yard a lot getting mulch done and what not, so that I can do another big push on the kitchen. In my spare time I’ve made a few things.
I’m just going to throw out that I really don’t care if this thing ever gets done. I’ve been on vacation and switching to a new job. I also skip posts where I’m working on things that just aren’t interesting. In my last post the first few pictures were of the cabinet over the fridge. I have spent a lot of time looking at that cabinet and knowing that it is just wrong. I decided that I couldn’t live with it. I took it down and a couple of my friends found the actual issue. I rebuilt part of it, and we put it back up. That was a ton of work.
Updated Kitchen pictures